While this article is not directly technology-related, given the dearth of good managers in the technology space, this article was too good to pass up. This author highlights eight traits of effective managers. For anybody who manages or seeks to manage, this is definitely worth the read. Here are the eight traits, but read the article for the details behind each one.
1. Business is an ecosystem, not a battlefield
2. A company is a community, not a machine
3. Management is service, not control
4. My employees are my peers, not my children
5. Motivation comes from vision, not from fear
6. Change equals growth, not pain
7. Technology offers empowerment, not automation
8. Work should be fun, not mere toil
Read the article.